Rating without reviewing?
  • I remember in the "old days" that I could rate albums without reviewing them. Now, I have to review them to assign a 1-10 rating, which means I usually just skip it. I'd love to see the "independent rating" feature return!
  • I think it's by design: they want you to think before you rate an album. If you're not dedicated enough to write a review, they don't want your rating. You can review whitout assigning a rating, though.
  • @joelthelion: Hmm, interesting idea. I was under the impression that rating was primarily used for the recommendation engine. Besides, I would think that the reviews would be more polarized, that is, people probably don't review unless the album is either really good or really bad.

Can one of the devs provide some insight here? sylvinus, perhaps?
  • You can rate without review. You simply don't fill out the form below and it skips it.

-BY THE WAY, if I'm talking about the wrong thing, or I'm confused, it's because it's 4:21 in the morning. XD
  • joelthelion said:
    I think it's by design: they want you to think before you rate an album. If you're not dedicated enough to write a review, they don't want your rating. You can review whitout assigning a rating, though.

Correct ! This is how it work. It is always nice for an artist to have appreciations for his work, encouraging, relevant even if if it not good.
    It is free, then give a little of what you think in return.

PEACE
    PMC