Friends
  • when you say, "Add to Friends." What exactly does "friends," mean? From my brief time with Jamendo, I have not found the true definition of "Friend" to be what seems to be used on Jamendo
  • Usually it's to make it easy for sharing favorites on Jamendo. Musicians like it because they can easily email to a list of listeners when they have something to share . . . Listeners like it because they can share a favorite album or musician or song . . .

People, on Jamendo, also do become friends with active members. . . .

We make of it what we want . . . it isn't even necessary to have friends . . . but in my experience . . . many of these "Friends" have become actual, meaningful people in my life . . .
  • eagleswind said:
    when you say, "Add to Friends." What exactly does "friends," mean? From my brief time with Jamendo, I have not found the true definition of "Friend" to be what seems to be used on Jamendo

It would be more accurate to call contacts. Normally: or the artist asks "friendship" because a user has done a review, or entered the album among the favorites. This makes it easier to update on new releases.
    Or the user asks for "friendship" to the artist, to be informed about news and new releases.
    At the beginning of jamendo, if you were not "friend" of a person you could not send personal messages. So the request was also functional.
    For example, many users asked (and still ask) to an artist can use his music for their projects, videos, blogs, to build a radio.
    This also forced to ask for the friendship. Now is no longer so.
    However, from these friends /contacts, then are born beautiful collaborations, projects, friends in real life.
    Not so bad!:wink:
  • eagleswind said:
    when you say, "Add to Friends." What exactly does "friends," mean?

When one first comes to Jamendo they're just another brick in the proverbial wall. After a time one may offer their music up and reviews are made. The artist may or may not respond to the review(s). Once a response is made, you've made an aquaintence. If further music is put up, and more reviews made, then through the e-mails a friendship may start. This also forms a support base, of sorts. Meeting in person usually ends with a nod or a handshake. I would term that an aquaintence. Obviously this isn't possible through a website, but, electronic friendships can be made.

I've never met Wolfsong.ThePoet, Coriandolo or many of the artists on here, but I do consider them friends. PMC is in France, PeerGynt Lobogris is in Spain and Katrin from FrontRegen is in Austria, yet they are artists I consider friends as well (along with many others!)
    It's all in how you wish to consider the relationship...
  • SouthOMike said:
    but I do consider them friends.

Big Mike is a dear American friend :kissing:
    Without Jamendo and the "friendship" request ,I could not have American friends as good as Mike :bigsmile:
  • Awww, you make me blush, Dany....more! :crazy:
  • bring back my friends :-)
  • How to add friends????
    I m new to this site, so don't know much about its function......
  • Add as a friend option has been discontinued in the new version of Jamendo.